Physics home - General information
Welcome to the Department of Physics
The Department of Physics offers undergraduate programs including two related programs in physics-mathematics and computational physics. At the graduate level, both master's and doctorate programs provide to students the opportunity to pursue a stimulating career in research and development work. Physics is the gateway to multiple career options. Because of their broad training and adaptability, physicists end up in all sorts of interesting jobs.
Physics home - Recent news
- Robert W. Boyd named recipient of the 2014 IPS Quantum Electronics Award. Congratulations!
- Congratulations to Professor Robert W. Boyd, who will receive an honorary degree from the University of Glasgow.
- This fall, three professors in the Department of Physics will offer you the chance to quench your thirst for more knowledge about physical concepts, to better understand the world around you.
- Professor Michel Godin receives the Early Researcher Award from the Ontario Ministry of Research and Innovation!
- Professor Paul Corkum wins the prestigious OSA Ives Medal!
- Dr. Pawel Hawrylak is awarded an Honorary Doctorate at the University of Crete in 2014!